There are so many social media management tools out there and there is no way I could possibly try them all, however, I've tried many and just a few have been able to truly meet my needs.
The majority of people usually talk about the same ones and there is a reason for that, they are great!
I'm completely sure you've got a good idea about them by now but, here're the best social media management tools I've used and that I sincerely recommend:
Social Media Management Tools Have You Used?
Hootsuite is the most popular social media management tool for both people and businesses, this particular dashboard allows you to manage up to 3 profiles with the free version and up to 100 with the PRO version.
The social networks allowed are:
- Facebook: Profiles, pages and groups.
- Google+: Only your Google plus business page.
- LinkedIn: Profiles, groups and companies.
- WordPress: Yes, you can link your WordPress blog with Hootsuite as well, this makes it easier to share your blog posts.
Those are the social media networks that Hootsuite manages, however, you can manage much more with the help of their app directory wich will allow you to manage networks like:
- Pinterest: You need the Tailwind app.
- YouTube: You have two apps to choose from, one is free and another paid, this one offers many more features that the free one won't provide like, statistics, scheduling the upload of your videos, etc.
- Evernote: You can add a tab for the evrnote app and add as many notes as you want, manage them in the cloud, etc.
You can search their directory and I'm sure you'll find some that you'll enjoy.
Social media can be very overwhelming without the proper management tools
Buffer is a smart and easy way to schedule your content across social media.
I love the layout of the app, it's very nice and clean.
This is why most beginners are going to Buffer instead of Hootsuite, either way, it's fine both are awesome.
Here's a preview of the Buffer dashboard:
Here's what Buffer allows you to connect to:
The Pinterest connection is only available to the awesome and business plan.
They have been doing great things with that integration, it's easy to use and will help you get more out of your Pinterest account.
Tweetdeck is a web and desktop solution for your Twitter management, it is owned by Twitter and they are constantly updating their tool.
It is quite easy to use and is very neat looking.
Here's a preview of what it looks like:
As you can see in the image above, you have various streams for the proper management of your Twitter account.
The streams you get are:
- Home: This stream shows the latest tweets from the people you follow.
- Notifications: Every time you get a new notification, it is shown in this stream (favorites, new followers, new messages).
- Followers: It shows your latest followers, this makes it easy to connect with them.
- Activity: It shows the activity of your followers.
- Scheduled: When you schedule a new tweet, it will be displayed in this section.
- Messages: New messages will be placed in this section (both what you send and the ones you receive).
- Monitoring: This is one of the best features of the tool, it allows you to monitor the latest tweets of a specific user or the use of a hashtag.
IFTTT is one of the best management tools I've found and used, it can save you a ton of time every day depending on the amount of "recipes" you use.
Recipes are the instructions you want to give IFTTT to do, like:
If I post an image on Instagram, then share it on Tumblr
There are may different recipes you can create and on many social networks, blogs, bookmarking sites, etc.
In the previous image, you can see what the iPad app looks like.
As you can see, you can add a recipe for pretty much anything you may need.
I personally use IFTTT to manage:
- YouTube shares.
- Instagram shares.
- Pin to Pinterest.
- Update my LinkedIn profile.
Among other things.
Klear is a management tool for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This particular tool allows you to do social media listening, monitoring and get reports.
You can also find and create relationships with the top influencers in your industry and build your community with the "Influencer Marketing Tool".
Competitive analysis lets you track your landscape, see what's working for your social media profiles and develop your strategy.
As you can see on the image above, you get an overall rating for your social media accounts, get demographics from them as well and they give you the interests of your audience, wich makes it easier for you to understand them.
And as you can see in the superior right part of the image, they analyze your account and tell you what your expertise is. In my case, I'm an SEO expert.
Which One is The Best?
To be completely honest with you, it's very hard to determine one, after all, they are very different. However, I love two of them over the rest:
Hootsuite & Klear
They are both incredible, however, in my opinion, Hootsuite is the best, this is due to the huge amount of apps they provide, wich helps you manage many platforms in a single dashboard and its capabilities to "listen".
Here's a huge Hootsuite review I wrote to help you know more about their dashboard and help you make an informed desition as to whether Hootsuite is right for you or not.
Have you tried any of the social media dashboards I mentioned above?
If you have, I'd love to hear from you what your experience with them have been and which one do you like best!
Please let me know in the comments below =)
Did you find this post useful/helpful? Share it on your favorite social network 🙂